Updating bad block inode
I wish I had known this when I first created the arrays, but it didn't seem to be a major problem, and since my root filesystem isn't RAIDed, the procedure for correcting the problem was a bit simpler for me.
Skimming the article for relevant info, I hit on the following command to have While the process was running, I started reading the comments to the post, finding one from Paul that was very helpful. Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes Running additional passes to resolve blocks claimed by more than one inode...
yes Pass 2: Checking directory structure Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity Pass 4: Checking reference counts Pass 5: Checking group summary information Free blocks count wrong for group #8 (2347, counted=2331).After getting my RAID1 arrays running on my Ubuntu server, I moved the case back into the crawlspace under the stairs and powered it on.Later I started up an SSH but the connection was denied.I was using the rack in e Sata and got plenty of read errors.Now i switched to USB, it's not as fast, but no errors at all. That's the last thing I'll try if I get no solution) Because apparently blocks are not at all "bad", they were just reported so because the rack is faulty. the file /tmp/empty List being empty so that badblocks is fed an empty list of known bad blocks.
Search for updating bad block inode:
In most cases the disk will automatically reallocate one or two damaged sectors and you should start planning on buying a new disk while your data is safe.